Greetings Beaver Creek Pro,
We trust that this letter finds you enjoying the remaining summer and in great health. Are you ready for the season? We have a few updates and To Do’s for you in order for us all to be ready prior to Opening Day.
Below we will cover:
1. Update on compensation
2. Information on background checks
3. Instructor Referral Program
1. Compensation – From the feedback we received in focus groups, season end meetings and surveys, we recognize there’s an opportunity to continue to re-evaluate our current pay practices and programs. Competitive compensation for all of our employees is important, particularly for our highest performers and producers.
For this season, on top of any merit based increases you may earn, we are making the following updates:
a. On top of any merit increases you may earn, we have made adjustments for private and group incentives. We are increasing the private lesson request hour incentive from $5 to $6 per hour and increasing group return incentive from $6 to $7.50 per return. These changes are designed to provide opportunities to increase compensation based upon performance.
b. The Status Program is designed to recognize our highest performers. Starting in 2015-2016 the Status Program will be redesigned to allow for all levels of certified pros to qualify for our highest status levels. More information to come later this fall.
c. Certification reimbursements will be expanded to include Level 1 and Children’s Specialist 1 Exam fee + minimum prerequisites and will continue to reimburse Level 2, Level 3, Trainer, and Children’s Specialist 2.
d. Part time instructor dependents will now receive an 11 mountain pass rather than 10 days in other locations. The processing fee for the dependent passes will remain.
2. Background Checks – If you haven’t done so already, please complete your background check by going to www.myvci.com/vailresorts Every employee must have a current background check on file prior to being able to sign up and access Fit to Ride.
3. Certified Instructor Employee Referral Program – Certified ski and snowboard instructors directly fuel company revenue and contribute to guest experiences of a lifetime. They’re also difficult to find and hire. We are a close-knit and well-connected community, and you’re an important part of it! Who do you know?
Work your network and refer quality candidates! If they’re hired and stay, you earn cash bonuses up to $1,000 under Vail Resorts’ new ski and snowboard school certified instructor employee referral program. See attachment for more information.
4 Other Updates – Look for future correspondence in the coming weeks with a high priority flag that will contain important dates and details regarding our annual Welcome Back on Sunday, November, 16th and return instructor training. In the meantime feel free to give any of us a call or stop by if you are up in Beaver Creek and continue on with your active summer training!
All the best,